Sunday, January 24, 2010

This Mountain Mama Bought Herself Her First New/Used Car


As you all know, I have had the WORST car luck of anyone I know! It never began at my recent car. It started with the first car I ever bought. This 1986 Audi. There was so many problems, and a problem I choose to forget. Then the Ford LTD. Then I finally got a good car and it was a Honda, but if you know me, you know my ex crashed it while getting a DUI. And that is how I ended up with the Grand AM. It was free and my parents gave it to me. So I never really could complain until this last year is when I was having way tooooooo many problem with it.

So I knew after Phil helped me get my car out of the mud I was going to go to a dealer that weekend and just see what we can do. Well, I followed my instinct Saturday and had faith. I went to the place where I rented a car 2 weeks ago. I talk to the owner and I ended up choosing a 2007 Ford Focus. It is clean, has very low miles (44000) and has been maintained for the fact that it was a rental car.

That Sunday morning my Dad and I drove down there and he test drove it and we both decided that it just might be a good little car for me. Tomorrow morning I am meeting with the dealer to get the paper work taken care of. The dealer is gonna have it serviced once more before and then deliver it to me by Wednesday.

It may not be the Red Convertable Mini Cooper I want, but I look at it as a stepping stone. In a couple of years I can trade it in and get the Coop if I still want it.

Do I see the light at the end of the tunnel? Maybe...

No comments: