Friday, January 22, 2010

Life Gave Me Lemons, But God Gave Me The Lemonade!

***Okay, first off I need to say sorry about any typos. I am usually writing these things with a toddler at my feet giving me lots of distractions. That is why I usually never get to proof read***

Now the Lemons:

We all know 3 weeks ago my gas was stolen out of my car. Then 2 weeks ago my car broke down. Well guess what it was this week!!! Wednesday morning my car got stuck in the mud at my boyfriends house.

So the night before he tells me, "You should move your car you might get stuck in the mud." Me being me and not wanting to bother, I didn't do it. Got up the next morning and I couldn't move my car. It had sunk all the way to the bumper. Not good at all. So I had to wake up Phil and have him give me a ride to work.

While at work, I was so stressed out. I mean Phil didn't need this. He has bad hands and he is sick AND he needed to finish doing a small remodel on his bathroom AAAANNNDDD he need to focus on something else he was doing. I knew that was the least of his wants that day. He met me for lunch and told me that he couldn't get it out. That his sister's truck got stuck while trying to pull out my car. And that his mom called a tow truck driver on her insurance cuz it was free.

Boy did I feel bad.

And boy did I finally see the light.

I need a new car. This was not only my problem it was everyone else's problem.

So my lemons: The gas situation, breaking down, and the mud.

The lemonade: The locking gas cap,my dad helping me get a rental, my sister's boyfriend fixing my car, my boyfriend being patient and being there when I need him.

Thank you everyone who has been helping my along the path of single motherhood!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Update on my gas getting stolen: We actually found out who it was that was stealing gas! Thank god for small town america! A nieghbors was telling Phil that he caught someone they knew stealing gas out of his car. So it is safe to assume. The guy that has been doing it has a bad reputation around there. 04-03-2011